Eiseman - Cell phone coverage

Post anything you think may be of interest to other hut users. Possible postings could include: Gear for Sale, Gear Wanted, Ride Exchange, Travel/Ski partners, Announcements about Avalanche or Backcountry Courses, Suggestions, Presentations or Slide Shows, Backcountry Tips, and Lost & Found. Please avoid profanity and heavy politcial polemics.
Hiatus

Eiseman - Cell phone coverage

Post by Hiatus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Planning for a four night trip to Eiseman end of January. Thinking about equipment I need. I would like to be able to get weather forecasts and review CAIC reports while we are up there. Can anybody tell me if there is cell phone coverage at the hut? If not, then I will rely on satellite based tech for weather.

Thanks in advance.

turbomike15

Re: Eiseman - Cell phone coverage

Post by turbomike15 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:16 pm

I remember getting spotty coverage. Others in the hut were getting better service (I have Verizon)...

Not a ton of avalanche prone terrain to warrant CAIC checking imho...

emb887

Post by emb887 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 am

I just came back from Eiseman. Service is spotty. I have Verizon and had an occasional single LTE bar and could access data - enough to check a website here and there. AT&T users had similar experience.

Hiatus

Post by Hiatus » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Just for the record. I use Verizon for cell phone service. I was able to send/receive text messages reliably. Data service for web browsing was slow and sometimes unavailable. Good enough to get weather forecasts and CAIC avalanche condition reports.