easy kid trips

Post anything you think may be of interest to other hut users. Possible postings could include: Gear for Sale, Gear Wanted, Ride Exchange, Travel/Ski partners, Announcements about Avalanche or Backcountry Courses, Suggestions, Presentations or Slide Shows, Backcountry Tips, and Lost & Found. Please avoid profanity and heavy politcial polemics.
calebmama

easy kid trips

Post by calebmama » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:36 pm

We are fairly new to Colorado, and have a fairly new little baby. Any recommendations for easy-access huts/yurts? It sounds like Francie's is easy access- 1.5 miles. Any others that would be good for a new family as far as access/amenities (and where we won't disturb other people with our crying baby at night)?
Thanks!

Catpatroller

Re: easy kid trips

Post by Catpatroller » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Have taken my 4 year old to vances and Shrine. Vances is a bit steep in one section and very rustic compared to shrine. Same thoughts on respect for others including changing, cleaning up and packing in and out diapers if you have an infant.

nhals1

Post by nhals1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:00 am

BEST CHOICE: brand-sparkling-new Point Breeze super-easy family friendly (20-min stroll from trailhead), has 2 pak-n-plays & extensive kids acitivity bookshelf (thanks, Quinn! :-) Ideal for 2 couples - we've a 5 & 9 yr old had no altitude issues (but couldnt sleep much b/cause too excited for Xmas morning - kept waking up to look out the window catch a glimpse of Santa! only 'drawback' you can hear vehicles drive nearby Hwy 24.

BreckAnnie

Post by BreckAnnie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:12 pm

I just returned from a trip to Point Breeze Cabin just off of Tennessee Pass. The hut was a "breeze" to get to with a handicapped adult and two small children, and once there, we were thrilled to find two pack-n-plays, childrens games, a safety gate to surround the wood burning stove, and lots of toys to entertain the kids! The hut also had 4 sleds to use, so our 2 & 3 year olds were busy and content during our entire stay. This was my 7th hut trip, and by far the most family-friendly hut I've been to. There were three moose on the trail in to the hut, which was pretty amazing. Would highly recommend it!!

Jay Jay

Post by Jay Jay » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi, I am also looking for the safe route for the rocky mountains. I m here from Sydney, Australia and asking because with 2 of my kids.
Adairs Kids Online Australia.