Hut Rates, Dates of Operation and Capacities
Due to COVID-19 we have had to switch to single-party booking at all of our huts which means you can no longer book individual spaces. But we have reduced the capacity at many of our larger huts to limit the number of guests and to make them more affordable for smaller parties. All prices shown are per night prices. Tax varies depending on what county a hut is located in and is not included in the prices listed on this site. The appropriate tax will be applied at the time you make your reservation. Children 12 years of age or younger at the time of the trip are eligible for a 1/2 price rate (except at the Continental Divide Cabin, the Point Breeze Cabin, the Sisters Cabin, Francie’s Cabin, Janet’s Cabin, Ken’s Cabin, the Section House and the Braun Huts). Please indicate the number of children when you make your reservation - refunds for this children's discount are not available after the reservation has been made. A space must be reserved for all children going on a trip, regardless of age, even if they are infants and will be sharing a bed with an adult.
Huts Owned by 10th Mountain:
McNamara, Margy's, Harry Gates, Peter Estin, Fowler/Hilliard*, Jackal*, Sangree M. Froelicher, 10th Mountain, Uncle Bud's, Skinner, Betty Bear, and Eiseman huts:
- $396 (12 person max) - These huts require a 12- person minimum reservation. If a hut is vacant one week in advance, the minimum drops to 8.
- Benedict - Fritz Hut: $330 (10 person max)
- Benedict - Fabi Hut: $198 (6 person max)
- Janet's Cabin*: $800(up to 16 people); $50 per additional person, 20 person max
- Francie's Cabin: $800(up to 16 people); $50 per additional person, 20 person max
- Sisters Cabin: $700 (14 person max; closed in summer)
- Section House: $400 (up to 10 people); $40 per additional person, 12 person max; closed in summer
- Ken's Cabin: $75 (up to 2 people); $35 for an additional person, 3 person max; closed in summer
- Polar Star Inn: $492 (12 person max) - The hut requires a 12- person minimum reservation. If the hut is vacant one week in advance, the minimum drops to 8.
- The Seipel Hut (formerly Carl's Cabin): $295 (6 person max)
- Continental Divide Cabin: $380 (8 person max)
- Point Breeze Cabin: $380 (8 person max)
- Shrine Mountain Inn*: prices vary as follows, depending on cabin/level.
- Jay's Cabin*: $540 (12 person max)
- Chuck's Cabin-upstairs*: $270 (6 person max)
- Chuck's Cabin-downstairs*: $192 (6 person max)
- Walter's Cabin-upstairs*: $270 (6 person max)
- Walter's Cabin-downstairs*: $270 (6 person max)
- Vance's Cabin: $360 (up to 12 people); $30 per additional person, 16 person max
- Broome Hut: $420 (up to 12 people); $35 per additional person, 16 person max
- The Braun Hut System has a flat rate booking policy for all the huts where you pay a flat rate for the entire hut. The rate's are as follows: Tagert (7 person max), Green Wilson (8 person max), Markley (8 person max), Barnard (8 person max) and Goodwin Greene (10 person max): $250 per night, Lindley (14 person max): $360 per night, Opa's Taylor Hut (8 person max): $300 per night.
- Friends Hut: $240 for the entire hut (8 person max, closed in summer)
- Vance's Cabin: 16 spaces
- Janet's Cabin: 20 spaces
- Francie's Cabin: 20 spaces
- Sisters Cabin: 14 spaces
- Section House: 12 spaces
- Ken's Cabin: 3 spaces
- Polar Star Inn: 12 spaces
- The Seipel Hut (formerly Carl's Cabin): 6 spaces
- Continental Divide Cabin: 8 spaces
- Point Breeze Cabin: 8 spaces
- Shrine Mountain Inn:
- Jay's Cabin: 12 spaces
- Chuck's Cabin-upstairs and Walter's Cabin-upstairs: 6 spaces each
- Chuck's Cabin-downstairs and Walter's Cabin-downstairs: 6 spaces each
- Tagert Hut: 7 spaces
- Barnard, Green Wilson and Markley Huts: 8 spaces
- Goodwin-Greene Hut: 10 spaces
- Lindley Hut: 14 spaces
- Opa's Taylor Hut: 8 spaces
- Friends Hut: 8 spaces
Other Huts Booked Through 10th Mountain
* Indicates a hut in the Vail Pass region that is subject to additional U.S. Forest Service winter use fees. Reservations made for trips to these huts from November through the end of April (exact dates vary) will be charged the fee at the time of reservation. Fees for hut users are $10 per adult per night. There is no fee for children 15 and under. For more information on the fee program, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of this site (see menu on the right).
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Regular Cancellation Policy:
Full payment by Visa, MasterCard or American Express is due at the time of reservation (including trips reserved through the lottery). After booking your trip, you will receive a packet in the mail that includes a confirmation letter detailing your itinerary. It is your responsibility to review this information upon receipt. If there appears to be an error in your itinerary, call 10th Mountain immediately. Be aware that any changes or cancellations require a 30 day advance notice for an 80% hut credit applicable towards a future hut trip. This credit is not transferable between huts in the 10th Mountain system, Braun Huts, and Friends hut. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to your trip start date will result in forfeiture of your payment. No credit is available within 30 days of a trip start date. No refunds.
Special Avalanche Cancellation Policy for the Braun Huts and Friends Hut:
Because the Alfred A. Braun Huts and Friends Hut are located in areas of known avalanche terrain with recurring avalanche cycles, an additional opportunity to cancel due to avalanche danger exists in these huts. Groups with reservations in these huts may cancel on the scheduled day of their trip (or the next business day), if the avalanche danger is higher than what their group feels comfortable with. These groups will be given a full hut credit for a future hut trip. This credit is not transferable between huts in the Braun system, the Friends Hut, and huts in the 10th Mountain system. No refunds will be given at any time, for any reason.
Dates of Operation
Most huts in the 10th Mountain system are open from Thanksgiving through April 30. Janet's Cabin, Francie's Cabin, Section House, and Ken's Cabin usually remain open for the first week in May. The Shrine Mountain Inn and the Broome Hut are open all year. The Braun Huts and the Friends Hut are open through May 30.
Most of the 10th Mountain Division Huts are open for summer use from July 1 until September 30. The McNamara Hut, the Benedict Huts, the Sisters Cabin, the Section House and Ken's Cabin are not open in the summer. The Continental Divide Cabin is open June 1st through Thanksgiving. The Shrine Mountain Inn is open year round. The Braun Huts and the Friends Hut are closed in the summer.
Spring and Fall:
Most huts reserved through 10th Mountain are closed in the spring (May and June) and fall (October and most of November). Only Shrine Mountain Inn and the Broome Hut are open year round, making them available for booking during both spring and fall. Additionally, The Continental Divide Cabin and Vance's Cabin are open in the fall, however, they are both closed in the spring. Some other huts and hut systems are open in these seasons. Please see the Huts Not Booked by 10th section of this site for information on many of these other huts.
Due to COVID-19 we have had to switch to single-party booking at all of our huts which means you can no longer book individual spaces. But we have reduced the capacity at many of our larger huts to limit the number of guests and to make them more affordable for smaller parties.
All 10th Mountain owned huts, plus a few privately owned huts, sleep 12 people: McNamara, Margy's, Harry Gates, Peter Estin, Fowler/Hilliard, Jackal, 10th Mountain, Uncle Bud's, Skinner, Betty Bear, Eiseman and the Sangree M. Froelicher; Benedict sleeps a total of 16 with 10 at Fritz's and 6 at Fabi's
Other hut capacities are as follows: